KITKAT® Make A Break For It Promotion 2020
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry / claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Registered office: Nestle UK Ltd, Nestle Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY.
Prize Provider: Virgin Holidays, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex (ABTA number: V2043).
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), Isle of Man, Channel Island and Republic of Ireland aged 18+ only.
- This promotion excludes employees of Nestlé UK Ltd (the "Promoter") and Virgin Holidays (the "Partner"), their immediate families, affiliated companies, distributors, agents of the Promoter or Partner, or anyone else professionally connected to the Promotion.
- Purchase necessary. Please retain promotional code and pack as proof of purchase.
- No purchase necessary in Northern Ireland.
- Internet access required for the Sun-believable prizes draw.
- There is a maximum of Five (5) Sun-believable prizes per person and a maximum of five (5) Sun-believable prizes per household for the duration of the promotion. Consumers can enter the promotion as many times as they want, so long as they have a unique promotional code for each entry. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this promotion.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person's entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded will be void.
- The promotional period in which to claim a Lucky Holiday Bar is from 00:00am 03.02.20 until 11:59pm 14.01.21.
- The promotional period for the 100 daily Sun-believable prizes available to be won via online instant win is 00:00am to 11:59pm each day from 03.02.20 until 29.03.20.
- A further late entry draw will be conducted to win 100 Sun-believable prizes from 30.03.20 until 31.12.20. 100 winners will be selected from any entries received during this late entry period.
- There are 10 Virgin Holidays prize vouchers (worth £8,000 each) available to be won instantly by purchasing a promotional pack of KitKat® (while stocks last- see Clause 17 for participating products) and finding a Lucky Winning Bar and winning insert inside. Winning inserts contain details on how to claim.
Please note that the 10 Lucky winning bars have been randomly seeded from the total universe of the products available and therefore not all product variants may contain winning bars.
In Lucky winning Multipacks, all the winning bar packs will contain winning destination bars but only one winning insert, which will be required to validate the claim.
- 12. To enter for your chance to win Sun-believable prizes, participants must:
- Purchase a participating promotional pack of KitKat® whilst stocks last (see clause 17 for participating products);
- Visit www.kitkat.co.uk and follow the directions to the promotional microsite;
- Enter their full name, email address and the unique 12-character promotional code found inside promotional packs.
- Select their county and either UK (includes Channel Islands and Isle of Man) or ROI as country of residence.
- Winning entrants will be notified on screen instantly and asked to follow the instructions to claim their prize. Winners will also be sent a confirmation email.
- Please retain your promotional pack and unique code as you may need this for verification purposes.
- Promotional codes can only be used once. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or entries received outside any promotional period will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- To enter without purchase in Northern Ireland only – send your name, age, full postal address and email address to: KitKat® WIN Make a Break For It Promotion NPN, Consumer Services, Nestlé UK Ltd, Haxby Road, York, YO91 1XY. Once the request has been verified, a promotional code will be provided via email, which can then be entered on the microsite in order to enter the Sun-believable prizes element of the promotion. In addition, your NPN entry will be entered into the promotion with the same opportunity of winning the Lucky Holiday Bars as the purchase necessary route. NPN Winners ONLY will be subsequently contacted by email in the first instance with details of how to claim the Prize. A Winner must respond to the notification email within 14 days to claim his or her prize. Only one entry per stamped, correctly mailed envelope. A maximum of 3 entries per person per day. No Purchase Necessary applications must be received by the Promoter no later than 20.03.20 to ensure that requests can be processed before the end of the main promotion.
No Purchase Necessary requests will be subject to verification.
- The promotion is available on:
KitKat® 4 Finger Milk 41.5g,
KitKat® 4 Finger Milk 41.5g (2 for £1),
KitKat® 4 Finger Milk multipack 4x41.5g,
KitKat® Chunky Milk 40g,
KitKat® Chunky Milk 40g (2 for £1),
KitKat® Chunky Milk multipack 4x40g,
KitKat® Chunky Peanut Butter 42g,
KitKat® Chunky Peanut Butter 42g (2 for £1),
KitKat® Chunky Salted Caramel Fudge 42g,
KitKat® 2 Finger Milk multipack (9x20.7g),
KitKat® 2 Finger Lemon Drizzle multipack (9x20.7g),
KitKat® 2 Finger Orange multipack (9x20.7g),
KitKat® 2 Finger Dark Mint multipack (9x20.7g),
KitKat® 2 Finger Dark multipack (9x20.7g),
KitKat® 2 Finger Cookies & Cream multipack (9x20.7g).
This applies when the pack features the promotional flash, and while stocks last.
Terms & Conditions for £8,000 Virgin Holidays Prize Vouchers
- There are 10 Virgin Holidays vouchers (worth £8,000 each) available to be won via randomly seeded winning lucky bar packs. Prize destinations are:
All flight inclusive package holidays booked with the winning vouchers will be ABTA and ATOL protected and will be subject to Virgin Holidays full terms and conditions.
- Los Angeles
- Any Lucky Bar found must be claimed by 14.01.21.
- This voucher can be used to book a new Virgin Holidays flight inclusive package holiday to 1 of the 10 selected destinations booked by 31st December 2021.
- The Lucky Bar winners can choose to visit any of the above destinations as a part of their prize. If the winner so wished, they could visit multiple of the named destinations however this must all fall within one trip. The £8,000 voucher will not be valid against a trip to any other destination.
- The holiday vouchers are valid until 31st December 2021. This means all holidays need to be booked before then, but not necessarily taken. Any vouchers not used before then will be voided after this date. No extensions will be permitted.
- There are no restrictions on how many people can attend the holiday, as long as this comes within the £8,000 voucher budget and is booked by the above date. The winner of the voucher will be named as the lead passenger and must attend the holiday.
- Winners are free, if they wish, to add further funds to their Virgin Holidays prize voucher, e.g. putting £2,000 towards the holiday to receive a £10,000 holiday.
- The £8,000 holiday voucher can only be used in one complete package within one transaction to the chosen destination/s and cannot be split across multiple bookings (but can include multiple destinations in one booking as described above).
- If the holiday chosen by the winner does not equate to £8,000, the remainder amount will not be refunded, or given as a cash alternative or deferred and can only be spent by booking any further excursions/add-ons e.g. car hire offered by Virgin Holidays within their stated availability and offerings for the relevant destination at the time of the original booking.
- The £8,000 holiday voucher has no cash value, and there will be no cash alternative available and no change will be given to any bookings made that total less than the £8,000 prize value.
- The £8,000 holiday voucher is non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable in part or full and cannot be sold on. It is the responsibility of the winner to use the voucher for its proper use.
- If the holiday booking is cancelled by you, only monies paid in addition to the face value of the voucher may be refunded and only if permitted by Virgin Holidays cancellation terms.
- The £8,000 holiday voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other Virgin Holidays special offer, promotion or discount.
- All bookings are subject to Virgin Holidays full terms & conditions at https://www.virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions
Terms & Conditions for Sun-believable prizes
- A total of 5,700 Sun-believable prizes are available to be won. 5,600 Sun-believable prizes are available to be won instantly online via winning moments (100 prizes per day for 56 days). A further 100 prizes to be won in late entry prize draw (30.03.20-31.12.20).
These are broken down across the promotion as:
- 1,925 x Travel Wallets (34 per day and 21 in late entry draw)
- 1,925 x Luggage Tags (34 per day and 21 in late entry draw)
- 925 x Towels (16 per day and 29 in late entry draw)
- 925 x Water Bottles (16 per day and 29 in late entry draw)
- Prizes types are awarded randomly. Winners will be allocated a prize type (Travel Wallet, Luggage Tag, Towel or Water Bottle) randomly, and this cannot be substituted for any other prize type.
- After the prize itself is awarded randomly, the winner can then choose from multiple 'holiday personality' designs. Each design is available to review on the promotional microsite.
- Winners must choose their preferred design & fill out their address details within 14 days of receiving their win confirmation email, or their prize will be forfeited.
- Each holiday personality design for each prize is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- Once a 'holiday personality' prize is chosen, it cannot be changed or substituted for another design.
- Within the late entry draw, Sun-believable prizes and the 'holiday personality' design will be automatically allocated, without the option for choice of design due to restricted availability.
- Please allow up to 28 days for your Sun-believable prize to arrive, following full address & design confirmation from the winner.
- In the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter's discretion.
Terms & Conditions for Virgin Holidays 5% Discount Code
- Any entrant into the Sun-believable Prizes part of the promotion via the microsite will receive a 5% Virgin Holidays unique discount code, sent via microsite and email.
- The 5% Virgin Holidays unique discount code is valid until 31.12.20. If an attempt to use the discount code is made past this date, it will not be valid, and the discount will not be applied to the booking.
- The 5% discount code is unique and can only be used once.
- The 5% unique discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or promotional code.
- The 5% Virgin Holidays unique discount code can be used against a flight inclusive package booked with Virgin Holidays.
- The 5% unique discount code can be redeemed by phone via the Virgin Holidays Customer Contact Centre, Virgin Holidays website or a Virgin Holidays retail store.
- To use the 5% unique discount code via phone, the entrant must call the Virgin Holidays Customer Contact Centre on 0344 739 9461.
- To use the 5% unique discount code online, the entrant must: visit virginholidays.co.uk and then enter their 5% unique discount code on the payment page in the 'promo code' box.
- To use the 5% unique discount code in-store at a Virgin Holidays retail store, the entrant must: visit a Virgin Holidays retail store and provide the retail assistant with the 5% unique discount code before making payment.
- Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions apply to all holidays booked using the discount code.
- For any queries regarding the 5% unique discount code specifically, please contact the Virgin Holidays contact centre number on 0344 739 9461.
- All 5% unique discount codes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable.
- None of the 5% unique discount codes have a cash value and no cash alternative is available.
- The 5% discount code can only be redeemed by consumers 18 years or older.
How to claim prizes
- For holiday voucher prizes, see details on insert inside winning pack. There will be one winning insert only inside each winning packaging. Further instructions will be given to the winning entrants including the posting of various "winning items" to a claim address in order to commence and validate the claim process.
- For holiday voucher winners, their claim will first have to be verified by Nestlé Consumer Services and an independent third party, following receipt of information as stated on their winning insert together with their promotional pack. Once verified they will then be put in touch with Virgin Holidays Customer Services to redeem their holiday prize voucher.
- For the Sun-believable prizes, winners will be immediately informed via the online microsite if they have won and the prize they will be receiving after submitting their entry. This claim process must be completed 14 days after the winner receives their confirmation email in order for to receive their prize. Any prizes left unclaimed after 14 days of being won will be forfeited and re-entered into the prize pool for the core promotion.
- For assistance with claiming your prize please contact Nestlé Consumer Services either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on Freephone 00800 6378 5385 (UK + ROI).
Winner selection and notification
- A total of 10 winning Lucky Bars with a winning insert have been randomly distributed via an independently verified process into promotional stock available for distribution to the market place thus allowing consumers the opportunity to purchase them during the promotional period. If your promotional KitKat® does not contain a Lucky Bar or winning insert then unfortunately you have not won this time.
Please note that the 10 Lucky winning bars have been randomly seeded from the total universe of the products available and therefore not all product variants may contain winning bars.
In Lucky winning Multipacks all the winning bar packs will contain Holiday destination bars but only one winning insert, which will be required to validate the claim.
- The Sun-believable prizes have been randomly allocated by prize type and linked to 'winning moments' that have been randomly pre-selected by a secure independently verified computer programme. There are 5,600 winning moments available throughout the main promotional period, 100 each day for 56 days. Winning moments and the associated prizes will be randomly allocated throughout the promotional period. The first person to enter a unique promotional code on or after the allocated winning moment will have been deemed to have won the available Sun-believable prize. All Sun-believable prizes are available to be won. Winners will be notified online immediately after entry and will also be sent a confirmation email, and to also prompt them to choose their preferred holiday personality design. Winners must then follow the on-screen instructions in order to verify, confirm their address, preferred holiday personality design, and therefore claim their prize.
- In the event that any winner is disqualified from the main promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and reallocate the prize to the late entry prize pool.
- A late entry bonus draw will be conducted from all entries received 30.03.20 – 31.12.20 and 100 winners (and in addition any unclaimed Sun-believable prizes) will be selected:
- The independently verified prize draw process will be carried out from all valid entries for all the relevant prizes available by a third party within 14 working days of the promotional "Late entry" close date.
- Winners only will be contacted on the email address that they used to enter the promotion by the end of Jan 2021 and will be asked to follow the instructions to claim their prize within 28 days. The Promoter reserves the right to further contact reserves to fulfil any prizes not claimed in this instance, with the original winner being withdrawn and the prize forfeited but can withhold prizes if this process is not successful in contacting winners or reserve winners after 2 reasonable attempts to do so.
Virgin Holidays £8,000 Holiday Prize Voucher Prize Fulfilment
- After validation, winners of the £8,000 Virgin Holidays holiday voucher will be sent a physical prize voucher via secure signed for post. Winners will be responsible for their voucher and will need to contact the Virgin Holidays Customer Contact Centre directly and reference the prize voucher and details to make their holiday booking.
- The prize is for an £8,000 Virgin Holidays voucher. The £8,000 Virgin Holidays voucher can only be redeemed by the prize winner calling the Virgin Holidays Customer Contact Centre on 0344 739 9461.
- Holidays booked with the voucher must be confirmed as bookings with Virgin Holidays by 31.12.2021, they do not necessarily have to be taken. After this date the voucher will expire.
- All holidays booked using the voucher will be subject to Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions of business which sets out all of the information that the winner will need for their holiday including but not limited to visa and passport requirements, travel health and FCO information, amendment and cancellation charges. The winner must read the terms and conditions before confirming a booking with Virgin Holidays as they form the basis of the contractual agreement.
- All holiday locations and dates are subject to availability. Travel will be subject to flight and hotel availability at the date of booking the flight inclusive package holiday.
- Any amendments to a confirmed holiday booking will be subject to charges, details of which are set out in Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions. These include administrative fees and any charges that may be applied by third party suppliers, including but not limited to the airline and accommodation provider. Any such charges are payable by the winner of the prize and neither Nestlé nor Virgin Holidays accept any responsible for amendments made to holiday bookings.
- All travel arrangements offered are at the discretion of the Promoter and Virgin Holidays.
- The prize winner and their party (where applicable) are responsible for and must comply with any health advice/regulations/inoculations required by any destination country. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize winner and their party (where applicable).
- Winners and guests take full responsibility for any risks associated with traveling to, in and from any of the listed holiday destinations when booking their holiday. Virgin Holidays will (with the Winners) take into account any travel advice from the UK Government to ascertain whether there are any issues with potential travel and will try and assist with suitable alternatives should there be major concerns.
- All potential Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and could still post qualification be disqualified as the Promoter reserves the right to verify all Winners (& any guests) will meet necessary standards and not cause the brand embarrassment by the individual or their guest. Part of this process may include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
- Prize Winners will be responsible for any other incidentals on the trip and in the hotel and will be required to give credit card details on check in.
- Travel insurance must be purchased independently by the winner at or around the time of booking their flight inclusive package holiday with their Virgin Holidays voucher. Travel insurance will not be included as part of the holiday booking. Nestlé will contribute £200 to be used by the winner to purchase travel insurance for their holiday.
- Nestlé UK and Virgin Holidays accept no responsibility for any winners who decide not to purchase the appropriate travel insurance for their holiday booking.
- All holidays booked with the holiday voucher prize are subject to Virgin Holidays standard terms and conditions which can be viewed at www.virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions.
- The prize winner (& any guests) must all be in possession of a full, current and valid passport and will be solely responsible for attaining any required visas, vaccinations, documents, travel insurance or travel permits.
- For all holiday voucher prizes, the prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered. However, in any unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative reward of equal or greater value than the original.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel to and from the home to the airport, gratuities, meals or other travel expenses unless otherwise stated and agreed in their Virgin Holidays booking.
- Winners/lead passengers need to be aged 18 or over and must be the parent or legal guardian of any accompanying minor or need to have express permission to bring any children that are not their own.
- The entrant will receive no fees in relation to their entry into this promotion. Any and all costs incurred by obtaining time off from work or study to take part in the promotion or promotional prize are the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for costs incurred.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third-party suppliers but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Proof of entry is not proof of purchase. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed, nor any associated costs to entrants.
- The Promoter's decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
- Winners will be subject to a full verification process. Winners may be asked to provide their promotional pack with the unique code and proof of purchase in order to verify their claim.
- All entrants will be required to provide a genuine email address that is personal, valid and accessible throughout the promotion. In the event that the specified information is not provided or is incorrect or an alias, the entry may be considered incomplete and therefore the Promoter reserves the right to invalidate the entry.
- In the event of an email address becoming inaccessible during the promotion, the Promoter is not able to retrieve and amend any existing entries to a new email address.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any part of the prize for an item of equal or greater value due to circumstances outside of the Promoter's control should any element of the prize be unavailable. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- Promotional codes must be entered online exactly as they appear in the pack. Each promotional code is unique and can only be used once. Attempts to enter the same promotional code more than once, the use of codes from non-promotional packs, or the use of any promotional codes not intended for use in this promotion, may result in disqualification and all entries will be declared void.
- The promotional codes have no value and cannot be transferred or sold.
- In ROI this promotion is carried out under the license issued to Jack and Jill Foundation, Johnstown Manor, Johnstown, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion, assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate code entry, or for any faulty, erroneous or failed electronic data transmissions;
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point in the operation of this promotion. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regards to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion;
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the microsite or any combination thereof;
- Any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of codes at any point during the operation of this promotion.
- Conduct of entry: The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the code redemption process or the operation of the promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 calendar days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion's entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter for all decisions, which are final and binding. It will not respond to any correspondence
- By taking part in the promotion, winners agree that Nestlé may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities relating to the promotion.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- By taking part in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they may be required to take part in relevant reasonable publicity without further payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants name and/or if consent given, image or statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion.
- The Promoter does not assume any responsibility for promotional codes damaged or defaced in the way the product packaging is opened. If you cannot read your promotional code due to a genuine printing error, you should contact Nestlé Consumer Services either by email at email@example.com or by telephone on Freephone 00800 6378 5385 (UK + ROI). Any request for a replacement code must be received by 22.03.20 for the main promotional period, and by 17.12.20 for the late entry draw, to ensure that the request can be processed before the final closing date.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country but any disputes as to the meaning of these terms will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Promoter: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé Confectionery (UK), York, YO91 1XY